Eurosoccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eurosoccer

RegisterLog inHomeLatest imagesSearch

PFA Player Of The Season

Go down 
3 posters

Who do you think will be the PFA Player of the Season ?
Jamie Carragher
PFA Player Of The Season Vote_lcap17%PFA Player Of The Season Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Didier Drogba
PFA Player Of The Season Vote_lcap0%PFA Player Of The Season Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Michael Essien
 0% [ 0 ]
Frank Lampard
 0% [ 0 ]
Cristiano Ronaldo
PFA Player Of The Season Vote_lcap83%PFA Player Of The Season Vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
Paul Scholes
 0% [ 0 ]
Nemanja Vidic
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
pran
Starting 11
Starting 11
pran

Male
Number of posts : 123
Supports : Manchester United FC
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PFA Player Of The Season Empty
PostSubject: PFA Player Of The Season   PFA Player Of The Season Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 11:26 am

The top contenders for the award have been listed. Feel free to provide nominations aswell if you feel that someone deserving has not been mentioned in the list.

Though I hardly think the award will go beyond Ronaldo and Drogba. But who according to you will win the award or deserves to win the award. Please do mention why you feel so aswell.

For me Paul Scholes has been a relevation this season. After missing the end of last season with eye problem, it seemed he might never be the same again but the way he's played this season its been like a new 20m pound signing. Although its been a team effort for United I feel Scholes has been the centre of it all. He's given our attacking players the freedom to attack. Carrick has grown because of Scholsy's presence, not to mention how many beautiful passes hes made which have lead to something. My personal vote goes to him.
Back to top Go down
Vikingo
A-Team Player
A-Team Player
Vikingo

Male
Number of posts : 94
Supports : Real Madrid
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: PFA Player Of The Season   PFA Player Of The Season Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 11:56 am

Its a bit of a no brain-er to be honest, Cristiano will win it.
Back to top Go down
opheliamorada
Starting 11
Starting 11
opheliamorada

Female
Number of posts : 129
Supports : Liverpool FC
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: PFA Player Of The Season   PFA Player Of The Season Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 5:05 am

Surely I go for Carra.

This season surpasses any of his seasons throughout his career, for the last few seasons Liverpool suffers inconsistent performance and Finn was the only consistent player of all but this season it's Carra. He's not even originally a central defender but it's like he was born as it.

Dream on Mia, someone who scores goals always rated better than a defender who's dying to avoid conceding a goal hehe. It's a nature of footy anyway!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/opheliamorada
pran
Starting 11
Starting 11
pran

Male

PostSubject: Re: PFA Player Of The Season   PFA Player Of The Season Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 11:46 am

opheliamorada wrote:
Surely I go for Carra.

This season surpasses any of his seasons throughout his career, for the last few seasons Liverpool suffers inconsistent performance and Finn was the only consistent player of all but this season it's Carra. He's not even originally a central defender but it's like he was born as it.

Dream on Mia, someone who scores goals always rated better than a defender who's dying to avoid conceding a goal hehe. It's a nature of footy anyway!

Haha, getting biased eh Mia ? Tongue Carra has been great this season for the scousers but besides Fat Frank I don't see him being preffered over any of the other nominations. Although I still maintain that the award won't go beyond Ronaldo and Drogba, and I think the player whose team wins the league goes home with the prize. Ronaldo is probably the top contendor given his consistent form and Drogba's lack of goals lately(by his recent standards) and also since United look like the title is coming back home Smile.

And, btw although I do agree that usually the goal scorers get more lime light than the defenders but their outstanding performances are never left unnoticed Wink.
Back to top Go down
pran
Starting 11
Starting 11
pran

Male

PostSubject: Re: PFA Player Of The Season   PFA Player Of The Season Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 12:41 pm

6 man shortlist for the Player of the Season is :
Cristiano Ronaldo
Ryan Giggs
Paul Scholes
Didier Drogba
Cesc Fabregas
Steven Gerrard.

A tad bit surprising with the inclusion of Cesc and Steven Gerrard. But its destined to land up in a Manc's hands as they make up 50% of the shortlisted players grin.

Sorry Mia Carra didn't even make the shortlist Tongue. You were right though, perhaps the attacking players did overpower the defenders in the end. Their efforts do not go completely unnoticed though.
Back to top Go down
opheliamorada
Starting 11
Starting 11
opheliamorada

Female
Number of posts : 129
Supports : Liverpool FC
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: PFA Player Of The Season   PFA Player Of The Season Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 11:12 pm

They shortlisted Cesc?? They're joking right? Even Mascherano played better than him within fewer matches he played ffs. Does that Arsenal fan still one of FA official members? What's his name again? Dean? Dain? Crap!!!

What do you mean I were right Pran? I always right hehehe
Everybody in Melwood were surprised Carra didnt make it, he himself didnt have a word against it lol. OI Stevie G deserved to be there and the 50% left is his Tongue
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/opheliamorada
pran
Starting 11
Starting 11
pran

Male

PostSubject: Re: PFA Player Of The Season   PFA Player Of The Season Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 3:40 am

Beautiful Day grin .....

So where do I start.

PFA Young Player Of The Year - Cristiano Ronaldo

PFA Player Of The Year - Cristiano Ronaldo

PFA Special Merit Award - Sir Alex Ferguson

PFA Premiership Team Of The Year -

DR: Gary Neville (Man United)
DC: Rio Ferdinand (Man United)
DC: Nemanja Vidic (Man United)
DL: Patrice Evra (Man United)

MR: Cristiano Ronaldo (Man United)
MC: Paul Scholes (Man United)
MC: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)
ML: Ryan Giggs (Man United)

SC: Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham)
SC: Didier Drogba (Chelsea)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PFA Player Of The Season   PFA Player Of The Season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PFA Player Of The Season
Page 1 of 1