Eurosoccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eurosoccer

RegisterLog inHomeLatest imagesSearch

Zola: Cristiano Ronaldo's no Totti !

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vikingo
A-Team Player
A-Team Player
Vikingo

Male
Number of posts : 94
Supports : Real Madrid
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Zola: Cristiano Ronaldo's no Totti ! Empty
PostSubject: Zola: Cristiano Ronaldo's no Totti !   Zola: Cristiano Ronaldo's no Totti ! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 12:00 pm

* This article was written before the 2nd leg of the Utd - Roma.

Gianfranco Zola has shot down suggestions Cristiano Ronaldo is on the same level as Francesco Totti. “Totti deserved more respect.”

The Champions League quarter-final with Manchester United was painted as a duel between the two talented stars, but Zola insists there is simply no competition. “If you could mix the characteristics of the two, then you would come up with the ideal player,” he told ‘Il Romanista’.

“But the Portuguese international does not have the tactical intelligence and vision of Francesco. Besides, he is still in his first real year of confirming his qualities. "For me Ronaldo remains a man who belongs on the flank and has great potential, but he does not possess Francesco’s instinct for goal.”

The Giallorossi were seen as the underdogs in this competition, but have defeated Olympique Lyonnais and won the first leg 2-1 against Manchester United. “Everyone must respect Roma,” continued Zola, who is now working with the Italian Under-21 squad.

“They proved that this team can play on a par with any side in the world. Sir Alex Ferguson certainly did not expect to find Roma so strong and on form, so he was surprised.” The second leg is on British soil on Tuesday evening, but Simone Perrotta and Paul Scholes are suspended.

“Qualification is still open and I’d say they both have a 50 per cent chance of getting through. Manchester are always strong at Old Trafford, because they prefer to go on the attack,” added the ex-Chelsea hero. “This is a good Manchester United line-up, but the side that won everything in my day was stronger.”

The Italians have been surprised by the negative Press reaction to the Stadio Olimpico crowd trouble, in which the police were accused of being heavy-handed. “The English media is always aggressive,” noted Zola. “But when it comes to admitting mistakes, they hit hard too. They don’t pull punches with anyone.”
Back to top Go down
opheliamorada
Starting 11
Starting 11
opheliamorada

Female
Number of posts : 129
Supports : Liverpool FC
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Zola: Cristiano Ronaldo's no Totti !   Zola: Cristiano Ronaldo's no Totti ! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 5:44 am

Whahahaha “Totti deserved more respect.” Shocked

Come on Zola respect comes both ways, if he wants people respect him then he should respect others too but wait he NEVER do that!!!!

Let's make a list of him:
Diving -- even before Christina learned it he's already a Guru
Spitting -- showed lack of maturity for sure
Moaning -- I-always-get-what-I-want-to attitude, seeking the ref's attention mostly
Arrogant -- he's so bothered that Fergie didnt even mention his name rofl
Last but not least he thinks he own the world, Prince of Rome my ass the only reason he stays with Roma as no clubs want him. He's nothing but crap if he leaves AS Roma (I remember someone said that, either Jean or Ahmed lol)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/opheliamorada
EURO SOCCER
Admin
Admin
EURO SOCCER

Male
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Zola: Cristiano Ronaldo's no Totti !   Zola: Cristiano Ronaldo's no Totti ! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 5:50 am

Woah! Relax Ophelia. grin
Back to top Go down
opheliamorada
Starting 11
Starting 11
opheliamorada

Female
Number of posts : 129
Supports : Liverpool FC
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Zola: Cristiano Ronaldo's no Totti !   Zola: Cristiano Ronaldo's no Totti ! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 6:00 am

Ooops I'm abit carried away but he sucks, his team sucks more haha Forza Biancoceleste cheers
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/opheliamorada
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zola: Cristiano Ronaldo's no Totti !   Zola: Cristiano Ronaldo's no Totti ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zola: Cristiano Ronaldo's no Totti !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eurosoccer :: EUROPEAN LEAGUES :: English premier league-
Jump to: