Eurosoccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eurosoccer

RegisterLog inHomeLatest imagesSearch

CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EURO SOCCER
Admin
Admin
EURO SOCCER

Male
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-03-23

CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done Empty
PostSubject: CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done   CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 10:42 pm

Liverpool's match-winner Peter Crouch agreed that the Reds' quarter-final second-leg victory over 10-man PSV Eindhoven was not a Champions League classic.

The Premiership side were already three up from the first leg, and most observers - including, possibly, PSV themselves - seemed to regard the second-leg as no more than a formality.

But Crouch's second-half goal ensured that Liverpool won both legs with a 4-0 aggregate to set up a semi-final showdown with Chelsea.

"I don't think it was much of a spectacle but we did a job, got the result," Crouch told Sky Sports.

"We did most of the work in the first leg obviously and it was just a case of seeing it out today, and that's what we did well.

"It was a strange game. All the lads were up for it. If it had stayed 0-0, I'm sure you would've seen more urgency."

Regarding his own contribution, Crouch admitted he was thrilled with his recent form. He said: "I've been pleased with my form in the Champions League. It's a fantastic competition.

"Hopefully I can keep that run going."

Ironically, the semi-final will pit Crouch and his Liverpool team-mates against the side he supported as a boy - Chelsea.

The England striker said: "It's going to be a special occasion. We've had that tie before and hopefully we'll have the same outcome."

He added: "My dad will be pleased. It's local for him as well so it'll be a special occasion for myself, my family and everyone connected with Liverpool.

"I won the FA Cup last year and hopefully can go one better this year."

Meanwhile, Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez praised his team's professionalism.

"We knew that it would be difficult because the mentality of the players when you are controlling the game, you don't concede any chances and you be more relaxed."

Of Crouch, Benitez said: "Now he has the confidence all strikers need.

"I hope he can keep scoring goals until the end of the season."

Looking ahead to the Chelsea clash, Benitez added: "We know it will be really difficult because Chelsea are a very good team.

"But we know that if we play to our level, we can beat them."

And he feels it may be "a little bit" of an advantage to be playing the first leg at Stamford Bridge.

But he warned: "Chelsea are a good team playing away now, as you could see the other day against Valencia."
Back to top Go down
opheliamorada
Starting 11
Starting 11
opheliamorada

Female
Number of posts : 129
Supports : Liverpool FC
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done   CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 4:50 am

The first leg game surely more attractive than the second one, but I like the way the goal was scored. Pennant showed a good performance though I wont rate him yet. And it's always great to see Robbie playing some games.

As for Chelski, we know them as much as they know us. That's explain everything I think Tongue
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/opheliamorada
pran
Starting 11
Starting 11
pran

Male
Number of posts : 123
Supports : Manchester United FC
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done   CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:02 pm

Another highly anticipated tie, not particularly because of the football that might be on show but more importantly because of the rivalry between the managers. Chelsea are the least succesfull club in the semi finals this season and besides the fact that Liverpool are exceptionaly good in knockout competitions and Rafa's superiority in the CL gives Liverpool a definite upper hand. The match at Anfield is what I believe will be the decider. Besides I expect it to be much more interesting than at Stamford Bridge. Liverpool to go through.
Back to top Go down
opheliamorada
Starting 11
Starting 11
opheliamorada

Female

PostSubject: Re: CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done   CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 7:28 am

And meet Man Utd in the final you meant right??! rolling eyes
Back to top Go down
pran
Starting 11
Starting 11
pran

Male
Number of posts : 123
Supports : Manchester United FC
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done   CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 10:04 am

Ofcourse Smile. Who else ? i dont know
Back to top Go down
opheliamorada
Starting 11
Starting 11
opheliamorada

Female

PostSubject: Re: CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done   CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 10:41 pm

Dont you think there's 1% chance of Milan kickin your arse? i dont know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done   CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CL Reaction: Crouch Reflects On Job Done
Page 1 of 1