Eurosoccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eurosoccer

RegisterLog inHomeLatest imagesSearch

We Fell Asleep In Between - Van Bommel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EURO SOCCER
Admin
Admin
EURO SOCCER

Male
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-03-23

We Fell Asleep In Between - Van Bommel Empty
PostSubject: We Fell Asleep In Between - Van Bommel   We Fell Asleep In Between - Van Bommel Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 10:44 pm

Bayern Munich midfielder Mark van Bommel was left frustrated by the way the Bavarians allowed Milan to score twice in four minutes.

"It's very frustrating, of course, if you loose 2-0 at home," he told Sky Sports.

"It was awful, we lost the ball, they were quick on the break and they scored. Then we were all over the place and they scored again."

Indeed, Bayern did dominate the game during the 25 minutes before the goal, and in the second half, but were caught napping by an alert and clinical Milan side.

"I think we played very well during the first fifteen minutes," he continued.

"But then, we were caught sleeping, and they scored [twice] and it was over."

The Dutchman was one of the most active players for Bayern, repeatedly trying his luck from distance as the Bayern strikers refused to show up.

"Yeah, we needed a bit of luck, one of them to go in," he admitted.

Asked about the Milan - Manchester United semi-final clash, and who he thought would be the favourites, an understandably disinterested Van Bommel said: "It doesn't interest me a bit."

The former Barcelona and PSV man - who has now played CL knock-out ties against Milan three years in succession, and with three different teams - insisted that Bayern had not underestimated the Rossoneri, before eventually dropping his verdict on the semi-final in question.

"No, we knew they were a good team, but I think Manchester United are better," he concluded.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eurosoccer :: EUROPEAN LEAGUES :: UEFA champions league/cup-
Jump to: