Eurosoccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eurosoccer

RegisterLog inHomeLatest imagesSearch

Newcastle chairman Shepherd settles on Sam

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EURO SOCCER
Admin
Admin
EURO SOCCER

Male
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-03-23

Newcastle chairman Shepherd settles on Sam Empty
PostSubject: Newcastle chairman Shepherd settles on Sam   Newcastle chairman Shepherd settles on Sam Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 3:02 am

Sam Allardyce will be confirmed as Newcastle United manager next week after a three-hour meeting with chairman Freddy Shepherd yesterday.
The Sun says the pair lunched at posh Claridge's in London. Shepherd told friends at the restaurant: "We want Sam's determination, enthusiasm and ability to lift the club."

Big Sam will take over early next week on a contract which could be worth £3million a year.

Allardyce said afterwards: "It was a good meeting and my agent will speak to Newcastle again over the next few days to discuss matters further."

That will simply be to fine-tune the contract details before Newcastle make an official announcement.

Shepherd added to pals: "The club needs a lift and Sam is the nearest I've seen to a replica of Joe Harvey."

Harvey was the last manager to bring silverware to Tyneside by winning the old Fairs Cup - the forerunner to the UEFA Cup - back in 1969.

Shepherd also said: "I'm excited, Sam's excited and we're looking forward to making this work.

"We had a good meeting and we will continue discussions over the weekend but everything went OK. You don't wrap up something like this in two minutes."
Back to top Go down

Newcastle chairman Shepherd settles on Sam
Page 1 of 1